Re: Windows XP in DomU on a NetBSD on Dom0

> Christoph Egger a écrit :
> >> I would like to know if xen NetBSD could support an
> >> Windows XP in DomU?
> >
> > Yes, you can run it as HVM guest.
> > Install sysutils/xentools3-hvm from pkgsrc.
> >
> >> I have a machine with a Athlon 2800+ and 1 Go RAM DDR.
> >> Is it good?
> >
> > It must be at least RevF where SVM has been introduced.
> > Otherwise, you miss the hw feature to run WinXP as HVM guest.
> So, my CPU is capable to run WinXP as HVM guest? Where I could
> find the information?

NetBSD doesn't check for the SVM feature bit, so a dmesg won't
help. One way is to just boot Xen and look into the Xen
boot messages. You must see this line

(XEN) HVM: SVM enabled

for each CPU in your machine. Xen will also tell you if you
have to enable SVM in the BIOS.

> >> More, I have a USB printer. I would like to know if Dom0
> >> could "share" this printer to a DomU?
> >
> > Nope. NetBSD doesn't support mapping device into DomU yet.
> > Sorry. You can use something like this
> >

> http://www.netgear.com/Products/PrintServers/WiredPrintServers/PS121.aspx
> >
> > as an ethernet -> USB converter. That way you can talk to
> > your Printer from your WinXP DomU.
> Erf. No printer server works for my printer :-( That's the
> reason why I asked the question.

Those consumer printserver knows nothing about the printers.
They assume the clients send the data in the correct format
and passes the data unmodified through to the printer.

--
Greetings,

Christoph