Re: exporting large partitions to hvm guests

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 03:10:41PM -0500, Chris Brookes wrote:
> > >  In the meantime (and depending on the OS in your HVM guest) you can
> > >  export the disk volume to the guest via the network, using iSCSI.
> >
> > That's an interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion.
>
> That did literally take 2 minutes to try out, and it works well. Sadly
> it's not really a solution for me since it doesn't appear like you can
> take an existing filesystem and export it via iscsi for "as is" use.

Note that I haven't tried this, but the NetBSD iSCSI target allows you
to do that - you just need to specify the device that the file system
is on in the /etc/iscsi/targets file accordingly.

If I have misunderstood, and NetBSD is not the OS in the place you're
presenting the storage from, I apologise (and for the grammar in this
sentence).

Regards,
Alistair