Re: console dumps and crash

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hello

I have a few Xen installations which exhibit the same issue: when I
try to attach a domU console (xm console name), I geta dump of hunderds
of bufferized console messages, and the domU hangs.

Is it known? Is there a reasonable workaround?
Never happened to me.

Which version of NetBSD and Xen?

Is the hang merely a console hang (that is, the console does not respond any more), and you still manage to connect to domU by other means, or you end up finishing off the domU with a "xm destroy"?

Other option: does the hang happens when attaching console, or is the domU nearly thrashed before issuing xm console?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost

"As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should
and this we should do freely and generously."
B. Franklin