Re: Running XEN under a Linux AMD64 DOM0

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:16:12 +1100
Carl Brewer <carl%bl.echidna.id.au@localhost> wrote:

> As a general suggestion, would you advise amd64-current or i386-current
> for a xen dom0 server with 6GB of RAM with HVM-aware cpu's to get the
> best of a modern Intel C2D server?  Core2duo 8200 is hvm aware and I
> believe i386-cuurent is PAE capable also?  There'd be little/no
> performance impact from using HVM?

I tried amd64 dom0 last week on an E8200 and it didn't work well at all.
pmap crashes and floating point problems. I have the latest
bios/microcode updates and i386 seems to run well. Waiting for someone
else with E8200/E8400 problems to speak up before I send PRs ...

Kind regards,
-Tobias