Re: domU-current "root device" not found with dom0-4.0_STABLE

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:34:39 am Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:30:29 -0500
>
> "Chris Brookes" <cbrookes%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > On 12/03/2008, Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost> wrote:
> > > 'root=' is linux specific, nbsd uses 'bootdev=' or just none at
> > > all. If you ever need to override the autodetection, use bootdev,
> > > or modify your kernel config.
> > >
> > > It's looking like this question is going to be a common one until
> > > the docs are sorted .... an no I'm not blaming anyone ... and yes
> > > I'm still considering it ;)
> >
> > What is interesting is that I'm pretty sure, prior to my recent
> > upgrade, that I had a root= line in my configs and it was basically
> > ignored. Lately it really needs to not be there.
>
> I have root= in my configs, where the dom0 is running 4.0beta2.  It
> works...

Despite the fact you don't need it, maybe you are specifying it differently. I
know the kernel does utilise a 'root=' parameter but whether it's effectively
the same as bootdev is an exercise in code diving, well it would be for me.

For anyone running nbsd/xen with a nbsd domu, the 'root=' line is for a linux
domu! You're attempt at utilising this parameter is at your own risk :)

Sarton