Re: recommendations for a Xen/NetBSD box?

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:27:46PM +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:
I now have the hardware, and decided to splash a few extra bucks for some more RAM (it was cheap). I now have 6GB of RAM, which means if I want to allocate ~2GB to a couple of domU's, and some smaller chunks to some testbed domU's, can I do this with a NetBSD 4.0 i386 on RAID1 dom0?

No, you need a i386PAE or amd64 dom0, and NetBSD supports this only
in -current. Then you'll also need i386PAE or amd64 domU kernels,
so you won't be able to run netbsd-4 or netbsd-3 xen kernels (only
current). You can run plain i386 as an HVM guest though.

Just to clarify, if I want to use the full 6GB of RAM the machine has, and divvy it up between various domU's (xen aware or otherwise) and I want to use NetBSD, I need to use NetBSD-current i386 or NetBSD-current amd64, nothing else in the NetBSD world will do this?

If I'm happy to just use 4GB (really 3 after losses from the dom0 etc) I can do this with NetBSD 4.0 i386 and/or NetBSD 4.0 amd64 as the dom0?

Is that a correct summary at this time?