Re: recommendations for a Xen/NetBSD box?

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:12:23 +1100
Carl Brewer <carl%bl.echidna.id.au@localhost> wrote:

Luke S Crawford wrote:
Carl Brewer <carl%bl.echidna.id.au@localhost> writes:
So if you were going to build a Xen server to host a NetBSD 4.0
(i386) production (ie: must be stable!) DomU and a couple of
others as development/play domU's, what would you suggest as the
Dom0 and what version of Xen should I be looking at?
Your trouble is NetBSD/i386 -stable only runs in non-PAE mode (if
you are cool with -current, there is PAE support for DomU)   and the
PAE mode of the Dom0 and the DomU must match.
Dumb question, PAE means exactly?  Is there an FAQ I need to go
through before I ask any more? :)

I believe it's something like Physical Address Extension.  Roughly
speaking, it lets you have more than 32 bits of phyiscal memory, even
on a 32-bit i386.

Thanks Steve, I grabbed that from the Xen user guide just after replying. As the box only has 4GB and I'm planning on giving 2GB to the main NetBSD 4.0 instance, and the CentOS instance only needs maybe 1GB or so, I don't think I need it? Do the DomU's need to know about it if the Dom0 is managing memory for them?