Re: Cannot see boot messages with DomU

John Hayward wrote:
Thanks Manuel!

I can now see the boot messages and sysinst!

Here is my experience:
I set memory on dom0 to 3500Mb - When I booted it complained about
not being able to see /proc/xen/baloon...

I had mounted the procfs on /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc

I decreased the memory to 3000Mb and changed fstab to mouunt procfs on /proc and things started to work.

I went back an played with the memory and 512Mb works while 256Mb results
in an python error when doing xm create (different than the hang from
before).

I find that rather strange, though I haven't tested on a wide variety of hardware. Typically my dom0 has been between 64MB and 512MB and I've yet to see a problem. Currently one of them is running with 128MB and is lucky to go over 5% usage.

I changed procfs back to /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc but that appeared to
have no effect on the boot process.

Like I mentioned in another email, I don't believe this is required but there could be something I'm unaware of?

I am under the impression that you want the dom0 to have a small
memory footprint so that extra memory can be allocated to domus.

Typically that is the case.

Sarton