Re: dom0 and timed

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 02:29:04PM +1100, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
Any ideas? I find it strange that ntpdate works but ntpd -q doesn't .... though this stuff is relatively new to me and I may be missing something.
Alright, it looks like it was my fault. ntpd seems to require more than one server entry even for a 'ntpd -q'. Specifying multiple entries allows everything to function properly and my clients are now synchronising. I was hoping au.pool.ntp.org would be sufficient but I

would it help to add
tos minsane 1
to ntpd.conf ?

Ah, I was unaware this had a default of 2. Setting this to 1 does fix the problem.

Thanks for that :)

Sarton