Re: dom0 panic on domu dettach

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 04:09:48PM +1100, bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost wrote:
Since my last thread regarding the instantaneous panic
of a domu, I've updated both domu and dom0 but now there
appears to be instability with dom0.

I'm not sure anything in the branch would fix this, but it's worth a try.

I haven't had a chance to explore this much but what I did notice is after shutting down a domu, the image is still occupying a vnd slot.

As soon as I manually unmount the image, the system crashes.

So it appears to be vnd related, not necessarily xen. Though it may be within a xen context.

Kernel + userland from 24th January.

NetBSD gogeta.internal 4.99.49 NetBSD 4.99.49 (XEN3_DOM0) #0: Thu Jan 24 18:37:00 EST 2008 root%spike.internal@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOM0 i386

xentools3-3.1.2nb1  Userland Tools for Xen
xenkernel3-3.1.2nb1 Xen3 Kernel

total_memory           : 2814
free_memory            : 865

It still may be a while till I can afford to provide more useful info.

Sarton