Re: dom0 panic on domu dettach

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 04:09:48PM +1100, bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost wrote:
Since my last thread regarding the instantaneous panic
of a domu, I've updated both domu and dom0 but now there
appears to be instability with dom0.

I guess I'm still waiting on the merge to head? ddb is
inaccessible from a usb keyboard so I haven't bothered
consoling to obtain further details assuming your merge
will probably correct the issue.

What is you dom0 ? i386 or amd64 ?
I'm not sure anything in the branch would fix this, but it's worth a try.

Outside of PAE support, do your changes to i386 still occur in head?

$ uname -a
NetBSD gogeta.internal 4.99.49 NetBSD 4.99.49 (XEN3_DOM0) #0: Mon Jan 21 10:36:43 EST 2008 root%mx0.cre.local@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOM0 i386

What is the panic exactly ?

I don't have any of the details now and not being a dev am not sure what would be significant from memory ... I do remember seeing uvm fault though.

To get more details from ddb you could build a kernel with
options DDB_COMMANDONENTER="trace"
(hopefully it won't exeed 24 lines)

I may have to wait till the weekend to have time to check but that will definately be a useful option. A laptop with a serial port would be even better but oh well.

I'm still relatively new to cvs, although I can usually work
out what I need to, what's the cvs incantation for accessing
your xeni386 branch?

cvs -d anoncvs%anoncvs.netbsd.org@localhost:/cvsroot co -r bouyer-xeni386
src/sys

Thanks for that. I'll stick to head for now though until you say otherwise.

On another note, when I attempted to update userland from 4.99.39, I ran into libc related problems (libc.so.12 not found) and needed to unpack sets from an iso (thank you to wheomever decided to include raidframe support in the install media). Is there a way to avoid these issues? It has only occurred when updating a dom0 and I have another to update soon, all my domus updated with no problem. I'm tempted to think I did something stupid.

Thanks for your help.

Sarton