console problem

Dear Sirs:

I am developing a FUSE based filesystem in Linux. I received
a patch from Antti Kantee porting it to NetBSD. Now, I want
to support this platform.

So, I tried to install NetBSD 3.1 in a Xen 3.1 HVM running
over Ubuntu Gutsy X86_64. The NetBSD installer fails during
kernel boot because it can't find /dev/console.

I googled around and couldn't find anything to solve this.

Below is my configuration file.

Thank you

Best Regards

Luis Otavio

---

#  -*- mode: python; -*-
#============================================================================
# Python configuration setup for 'xm create'.
# This script sets the parameters used when a domain is created using
'xm create'.
# You use a separate script for each domain you want to create, or
# you can set the parameters for the domain on the xm command line.
#============================================================================

import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-ioemu-3.1/boot/hvmloader"

# The domain build function. HVM domain uses 'hvm'.
builder='hvm'

# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
memory = 512
shadow_memory = 16

# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "netbsd"

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# the number of cpus guest platform has, default=1
vcpus=1

# enable/disable HVM guest PAE, default=0 (disabled)
#pae=0

# enable/disable HVM guest ACPI, default=0 (disabled)
#acpi=1

# enable/disable HVM guest APIC, default=0 (disabled)
#apic=1

# Optionally define mac and/or bridge for the network interfaces.
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=32:f4:00:e2:00:27, bridge=xenbr0' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the disk devices you want the domain to have access to, and
# what you want them accessible as.
# Each disk entry is of the form phy:UNAME,DEV,MODE
# where UNAME is the device, DEV is the device name the domain will see,
# and MODE is r for read-only, w for read-write.

disk    = [ 'file:/data3/xen/disks/netbsd.img,ioemu:sda,w',
'file:/data3/down/netbsd-amd64cd-3.1.iso,sdc:cdrom,r' ]
root='/dev/cd0a'

on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'destroy'

#============================================================================

# New stuff
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-ioemu-3.1/bin/qemu-dm'

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# boot on floppy (a), hard disk (c) or CD-ROM (d)
boot='d'
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  write to temporary files instead of disk image files
#snapshot=1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# enable SDL library for graphics, default = 0
sdl=1
#sdl=0

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# enable VNC library for graphics, default = 1
vnc=0
#vnc=1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# enable spawning vncviewer(only valid when vnc=1), default = 1
vncviewer=0

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# no graphics, use serial port
#nographic=0

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# enable stdvga, default = 0 (use cirrus logic device model)
#stdvga=1

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#   serial port re-direct to pty deivce, /dev/pts/n
#   then xm console or minicom can connect
serial='pty'

# enable ne2000, default = 0(use pcnet)
ne2000=0
#ne2000=1