Re: recent dom0 kernels reboot on loading?

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 03:52:36PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> So %fs has to point to a segment descriptor pointing to the cpu_info for
> the local CPU and we're trying to use it before it was initialised.
> Basically consinit() has to be called after initgdt(), the attached patch
> does it (it calls initgdt() ASAP and then consinit, because consinit()
> has to be called very early too).
>
> Can someone please try this patch and see if it solves the problem ?

Yes, yes it does indeed - thankyou!

However, something else odd has happened.  With the new kernel, I can
start a normal domU as before, but a HVM domU doesn't do anything
much: it appears to get created (interfaces created, appears in "xm
list") but not do anything (doesn't accumulate any cpu time or start
listening for VNC/create a SDL 'console').

I'm sure this is some other problem that's crept in in the meantime,
perhaps even a userland problem with the tools, but it still prevents
me upgrading :-/

--
Dan.