Re: dom0 kernel immediate reboot?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 06:50:18PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> The answer is no, it's not broken -- but you have to explicitly pass
> console=pc to the 4.0 branch kernel, and Xen screws up the console
> video mode so wscons doesn't work quite right, either (I haven't
> tried vesafb yet -- should this work under xen?).

I don't know about vesafb, but on my system, adding "vga=text-80x25"
to the kernel=xen.gz line of the grub entry fixed the wscons problem.
So at least I now have a working domain 0 and I expect I should be
able to run -current in my domUs.

I needed to patch grub's stage2/asm.S to work around a problem with
the Mac Mini (no gate A20 emulation) but it's easy to find
instructions for that on the web.

Thor