Re: recent dom0 kernels reboot on loading?

> I am getting the same problem. I did a fresh cvs checkout this morning
> (2007-Aug-30) and built the generic XEN3_DOM0 kernel. I copied the kernel,
> rebooted, and after initial Xen boot messages, my laptop rebooted itself
> without warning. I changed "root=/dev/hda1" to "bootdev=wd0". Will I have
> to change the console line as well? Will that render my laptop useless
> (will I not be able to see output?)

The config changes you mention were only altered in the quest to find what is
actually wrong, not as a workaround for using the latest dom0 kernel. The
only significant change is the console interface config as it seems to allow
the kernel to continue booting.

If you are wanting something usable, you will have to revert to an older
kernel, of which a binary may not be available. If you require a binary, let
us know and I'm sure someone will help.

Sarton