Re: recent dom0 kernels reboot on loading?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:56:11 +1000 Daniel Carosone wrote:

> I tried to upgrade my dom0 kernel:

> /netbsd_dom0
>         NetBSD 4.99.28 (_oenone_dom0_) #42: Wed Aug 15 12:24:58 EST 2007
> /netbsd_dom0.old
>         NetBSD 4.99.25 (_oenone_dom0_) #36: Thu Jul 26 18:21:00 EST 2007

> but the new one seems to cause the machine to reboot on loading
> without generating any output past the Xen VMM dmesg.

> Anyone else seeing anything like this?

I have experienced the same problem with yesterday current (previous kernel, a
half year old current, booted ok). In my grub config I have:

  module (hd0,a)/netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 root=/dev/hda1 ro console=tty0

after removing "console=tty0" the system dose not go in reboot any more, but
boot process stops somewhere later -- the host is not reached by
network. Unfortunately, I do not see any netbsd kernel messages, it appears
they go to serial console. I have no serial cable and can't say what was going
on exactly, but I suspect it could not mount root device. After removing
"root=/dev/hda1" the system booted and I have it alive now, although without vga
console. XEN3_DOMU booted ok.

--
Mikolaj Golub