Re: Running multiple DomUs on a VT-capable CPU

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:06:42PM +0200, Marcin Michal Jessa wrote:
> Is 3D acceleration available in remote sessions?

Yes, 3D acceleration works over X11 network connections. If I run
"glxgears" on my NetBSD server using the 3D acceleration capable
Mac OS X X11 server on my Mac I get quite impressive frame rates
(more than 2000).

> What if I had two graphics cards, could I map one DomU to use a specific
> card and display it on one screen?

I doubt that. The problem is that a secondary graphics card will
not be setup by the BIOS properly.

> Or could I map one of the DomUs to the main gfx card after dom0 started
> it and run X session from it?

Possibly, but not with a NetBSD dom0.

        Kind regards