Re: Running multiple DomUs on a VT-capable CPU

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:06:42PM +0200, Marcin Michal Jessa wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:53:28AM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys
> >>
> >> My laptop has Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU  T7400  @ 2.16GHz which is a
> >> VT-capable
> >> processor and I was thinking of running DomU on it with NetBSD 4.0 and run
> >> virtual OSs from there.
> >> So in order to access my domUs I would have to run VNC server , right ?
> >> Or is there a more intuitive way to just switch to console running a DomU
> >> host ?
> >>

> > No, you have to use vnc for your domU's console (or the native X11 display)
> >
> Is 3D acceleration available in remote sessions?

Not that I know

> What if I had two graphics cards, could I map one DomU to use a specific
> card
> and display it on one screen?

Maybe, but I guess it depends on the cards. These are not "normal" PCI devices,
as they also map some ISA-space registers to be compatible with plain VGA.
Some can work without theses, some can't ...

> Or could I map one of the DomUs to the main gfx card after dom0 started
> it and run X session from it?

I'm almost sure this won't work, because of the VGA registers which are
in ISA space. If you can use a VGA card in a domU, I think is has to be
another card than the one used by BIOS