Re: boot hangs at uhci1

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

As it's reproductible, if it was a memory issue I think it would have
already found it.
It seems to be related to ioapics, so maybe a chipset issue. But I still
strongly suspect a hardware issue, or maybe something that changed in
BIOS. You may be able to get it running again by disabling both ACPI and ioapics at xen and NetBSD levels:
kernel=xen.gz ... acpi=off noapic
module=netbsd ... -c
disable acpi
disable ioapic
quit

Interestingly, I had "acpi=off noapic" in my menu.lst when I was originally setting up the machine, since it's in the menu.lst of my other dom0s, which are all Athlon XP machines. This machine, though, is a Pentium D processor, which is dual-core, and the machine wouldn't boot unless I removed the "acpi=off noapic" from menu.lst

But now, the machine boots with these settings, and won't boot without them.

It /does/ boot fine now.

what the hell?
  --david