Re: Xen, grub and suggestions for a hardware RAID?

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
* 3ware Escalade 9500S-4LP (supported by twa(4) or twe(4), although
looking again that seems less than clear)

I have 2 9500S-8LP in a server here, it's fast (supported by
twa) and I didn't have any issues with theses so far.

I've been using 8506S and 9500S for a while with no problems, plus you can use the FreeBSD tw_cli command line utility to manage them. The UK 3ware disti is telling us that 9500 series cards are on their way out and they don't hold stock. They were pushing the 9550 instead (and a PCI-Express version which didn't look to be supported ATM) which is less flexible about what PCI slots it will fit in. Both 9500 and 9550 are supported bye twa).

--
Stephen