Re: Create a virtualdisk.

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
I had the same, -current (47 days ago. 4.99.3?) with Xen3. The Dom0 would
lock solid at seemingly random points during boot (during the time when
rc.d scripts were running, i.e. after the kernel messages and devices were
probed). Booting a standard GENERIC worked fine, but as soon as I ran it
as a Dom0 it would wedge. As I was sitting in a co-lo at the time and
needed the machine running ASAP, I had to give up and put on 3.1_STABLE
and Xen2. I didn't have time to do any more investigation, but it's
probably worth a data point.

What sort of hardware is it ?

IBM x305. Single 2GHz P4, 1280MB. 3.1_STABLE dmesg available if necessary.

Did you try enabling/disabling ACPI ?

No, I didn't. Unfortunately, I'm in no position to try at the moment.

I had this issue at one time on a SMP motherboard, before I added ACPI
support for Xen3 in NetBSD

It's not SMP, would that make a difference?

--
Stephen