Re: Create a virtualdisk.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 11:35:22AM +0000, Micke A wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm try to install NetBSD in a NetBSD domain0, I have problems with
> the "virutal disk". I have create the virutal file with dd. But I'cant
> formate it.
>
> Any one here who have ha tutorial/howto how to make virtualdisks under
> NetBSD. I have tried in FreeBSD 6.0 with no problem, I can formate it
> ( newfs diskFile.img ) and mount it ( mdconfig -a -f diskFile.img ;
> mount /dev/md0 /mnt ).

I would recommend using the method described in the howto
(http://www.fr.netbsd.org/Ports/xen/howto.html): boot the INSTALL_XEN2
kernel and use the installer. If you want to do it from dom0,
look at vnconfig. First attach the file to a vnd device, then you
can disklabel, newfs, etc ... this device.

> But I cant make this work in NetBSD, I'm using NetBSD 3.1, with xen
> 2.0 (I'm using Xen 2.0 because I haved problems with the 3.0.3
> release, int hangs then i boots)..

This is strange