Re: Netbsd DomU daily-08.01.2007-crashes

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:01:36PM +0200, Anzi wrote:
OK,

I thought that if I download kernel from current I get the fixed version from Manuel (in xbd_xenbus.c 1.16)
Apparently it is not so?

your kernel is from 20061025, long before I commited the fix

oh, I thought that fix was for the DOMU kernel. Is the current DOM0 / DOMU kernel good for production use (I think server will not be under high load)?
This far it has worked pretty well for with linux domU.

So where to download kernel that has the fix applied?

I don't think the autobuild cluster has generated one yet. You'll have
to build one yourself, or wait for the next build in NetBSD-daily from
HEAD or netbsd-4 (I think the next ones from netbsd-3 or netbsd-3-1 will have
it too)

I don't know bsd (auto)build system yet, but I found also from http://freshbsd.org/ that your fix has not been pulled up to current. I think I'll try compiling the kernel myself (havent done that for netbsd yet..)

thanks for your replies!