Re: upgraded to 3.0.3, with hvm support

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 07:52:26PM +0200, Christian Biere wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > Which AMD CPUs have virtualization?  I am having some trouble figuring
> > > out.
>
> > This I don't know; I try to avoid AMD hardware as much as possible these
> > days ...
>
> I've been avoiding Intel for years. I can even tell you why:
>
> Serious reasons:
>
>  * Sueing people for using the term "inside" in their domain name or whatever.
>  * Contracts that forbid selling AMD hardware.
>  * Power consumption and heat generation of Intel CPUs.

In my case:
- I've got more hardware issues with AMD hardware than with Intel (in some
  case because of heat issues :)
- There seems to be more bugs in chipset and/or drivers for non-M$ OSes
  (at last Intel has most docs publically available for this)

The last example I have is installing linux on a recent opteron system
(it was AMD because the user wanted it so) which took half a day when
it should have been a matters of minutes. I got no troubles with
the Intel Xeon I got a few days later ...