Re: ahd problems in dom0 with Xen3 with dmesg

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:27:35PM +0200, KlinT wrote:

> I've used : "nosmp npapic acpi=off"

Hey Manuel,

>From now on, for your own benefit, I'd recommend stating the above options
as a necessity if somebody chooses to run Xen3 on an SMP/Dual-core system,
and have it run stable ... at least until the required changes have been
made (I'll be the first to put my hand up to test those changes ;)

Unfortunately various combinations of these options can make a system appear
to be working but stability will suffer somewhere, when you least expect it!

These options may be worthwhile as a pkgsrc notification on the Xen3 kernel.

Anyway, just a thought. Maybe contributing to the NetBSD wiki is a better
option and pointing to that instead. If I get time I might give that a go.

Sarton