Re: Domain 0 kernel, DAC960 and SMP

> > On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 11:20:46PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > Xen dom0 doensn't need to support SMP to have Xen itself use multiple
> > > CPUs. AFAIK, with Xen3 physical CPUs are still statically allocated
> > > to virtual CPUs, but one domain can use multiple CPUs. But right now,
> > > NetBSD doesn't support this. Worse, you may have to disable Xen SMP
> > > do use a NetBSD dom0, because of interrupt routing issues.

I've been running with Xen3 SMP for a few days now and have only experienced
one reproducable problem (which is now the only problem since completely
configuring the system).

Occaisionally I/O will just stop (scp, console, demesg, you name it) but
lauching xentop and closing it (opening and closing, opening and closing)
prods it to continue on.

Not sure if this is any help, but thought I'd mention it. I thought it was
strange that xentop could coax it into continuing. The only kernel
flags I am using are noapic and acpi=off (I'll be adding nosmp to that
shortly :).

Sarton