Re: NetBSD-Current/XEN3 : XM CREATE problem

Thanks a lot Rainer,

I've done this just before your mail :D

but, I have to change xend-config.sxp in order to have my default network card available for xen ...

Many thanks

Le 16 juil. 06 à 19:46, Rainer Brinkmöller a écrit :

KlinT schrieb:

my config file is "test" :

#-------------------------------------------------------------------- --- -----
kernel = "/root/netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU"
# kernel = "/root/netbsd-XEN3_DOMU"
# ramdisk = "/boot/initrd.gz"
# builder='linux'
memory = 128
name = "test"
# List of which CPUS this domain is allowed to use, default Xen picks
#cpus = ""         # leave to Xen to pick
#cpus = "0"        # all vcpus run on CPU0
#cpus = "0-3,5,^1" # run on cpus 0,2,3,5
# vcpus = 1
# vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr1' ]
# vif = [ '', 'bridge=bridge0' ]
# vif = [ '' ]
# vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/wd0h,0x03,w', 'phy:/dev/cd0a,0x04,r' ]
# disk = [ 'phy:/dev/wd0h,0x03,w' ]
root = "/dev/wd0d ro"
extra = "4"
#-------------------------------------------------------------------- --- -----

With this, I have successfully install NetBSD.DomU ...

But at this point I still have no network :(

You'll find further information about xen virtual networking here:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

First try something like this:

1. Add "vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:50:01:f0, bridge=bridge0' ]" to your config file
2. Take a look inside /etc/xen/network
   There you can read:
# However, it is simpler to create any network devices at system startup # via /etc/ifconfig.* scripts, e.g. if dom0 has a bge0 device and we wish
   # to create a bridge0 device:
   #
   # /etc/ifconfig.bridge0
   # ------8<------8<------8<------8<------
   # create
   # !brconfig $int add bge0 stp bge0 up
   # ------>8------>8------>8------>8------
   So, create /etc/ifconfig.bridge0 and insert this two lines,
   replace bge0 with the "name" of your network interface.
In my environment (xen 2.0.7) this in /etc/ifconfig.bridge0 did work better:
   create
   !brconfig bridge0 add bge0
   !brconfig bridge0 up

3. In domU create a network interface config file /etc/xennet0 and insert your network configuration,
   something like:
   inet 10.10.10.1 netmask 0xffffff00

(of course the ip and subnetmask depends on what your environment is configured)

I've tried many configuration parameters in xend-config.sxp without any success

Don't change the xend-config.sxp now (maybe later if you understand what happen here).

- Rainer