Re: debian testing domU under netbsd xen 3 dom0

On Thursday 06 July 2006 09:15, Ari Suutari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried running debian domU under
> netbsd xen 3 dom0 ? I have managed it to
> boot (had problems with sparse disk files but
> that was fixed by creating non-spare ones) but
> network works only partially:
>
> - dhclient is able to get IP from dhcp server
> - ping works
> - tcp connections hang
> - name resolver does not work
>
> I had similar domU running under debian dom0
> a while ago and I don't recall problems like this
> (but this doesn't mean that the problem couldn't be
> on debian side, of course)

All I can say is NetBSD domU on NetBSD dom0 works very well.
I remember having similar problem on XEN2 on NetBSD when
my domUs rebooted when I tried to create TCP connections.
This was fixed by Manuel with tcp_input.c 1.242.

Btw, where did you get a debian ISO image with domU install kernel ?

Marcin.