Re: X11 inside an unprivileged domain

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:40:15AM +0100, Michael Smith wrote:
> I would like to use XEN to install multiple operating systems on a
> single machine. I want to have netbsd -current for use as a router and
> ubuntu linux as a workstation. If I install ubuntu in an unprivileged
> domain can I give it access to the video card so that it can run X11?

I think the video card still can't be exported to a domU, but things might
have changed by now.

You might want to give the xen-users list a shot, from my experience it's
nicer to use a low-powerconsumig system for the xen host and keep another
system for the workstation. You could still use X11 to access the ubuntu
system :)

Florian

--

florian heigl                    http://deranfangvomen.de/

Grid Computing erfreut sich gerade bei Windows-Nutzern sehr regem Zuspruch, auch
wenn die Rechnerbesitzer meist nichts von ihrem Glück wissen. --f. weimer