Re: Improved xendomains script

Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 09:43:35AM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

        # Start off by running the pre-hook script if it's present.
        if [ -n "${xendomains_prehook}" ]; then
                cmdline=`printf "${xendomains_prehook}" $domain`
                cmd="${cmdline%% *}"
                if [ -x "$cmd" ]; then
                        $cmdline || echo "Pre-hook \`\`$cmdline'' failed... skipping
$domain."
                        continue
                fi
        fi

        # Finish off by running the post-hook script if it's present.
        for domain in $xendomains; do
                case "$domain" in
                "")   continue ;;
                esac
                if [ -n "${xendomains_posthook}" ]; then
                        cmdline=`printf "${xendomains_posthook}" $domain`
                        cmd="${cmdline%% *}"
                        if [ -x "$cmd" ]; then
                                $cmdline || echo "Post-hook \`\`$cmdline''
failed."
                        fi
                fi
        done

is there any reason why you don't use _precmd and _postcmd provided by
rc.d?

I could definitely just add these bits via /etc/rc.conf.d/xendomains by setting start_precmd and stop_postcmd to the above two code blocks, respectively. However, I thought the need to run actions per-domain would be common enough amongst Xen users that I didn't want to subject them to coming up with the above code blocks on their own.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost>