domU kernel with pci support

Hi list and manuel :)

I'd like to know if there is a specific reason (expect memory footprint)
why the domU-kernels don't have
pci*            at hypervisor? bus ?

support. Could we discuss including pci bus, controller, bridge support
in the default kernel and relying on LKM's for the device specific drivers?

Also, on my box it would appear I also need
pci*            at pchb? bus ?
pchb*           at pci? dev ? function ?        # PCI-Host bridges
to fulfill most of the build-time dependencies. (some seem still to be amiss?!)

Regards,
florian

--

florian heigl                    http://deranfangvomen.de/

Grid Computing erfreut sich gerade bei Windows-Nutzern sehr regem Zuspruch, auch
wenn die Rechnerbesitzer meist nichts von ihrem Glück wissen. --f. weimer