Re: problems exporting PCI devices to domU

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 02:58:43PM +0200, Karl Janmar wrote:
> Here is what I see with pcictl when booting without the physdev_dom0_hide
> argument to xen:
> $ pcictl pci3 list
> 003:13:0: Atheros Communications AR5212 Wireless LAN (ethernet network,
> revision
> 0x01)

That should work, as far as I'm aware. I'm using the same trick to
export a Ralink wireless card to an access point domain.

> Could be, what kind of PCI devices can xen export? Hmm, ok so maybe I missed
> some vital information, does the PCI device I want to export need to have some
> kind of xen hooks?

It shouldn't need any Xen specific initialization, beyond that provided
by the PCI bus routines. Also, based upon my reading of the source code
Xen wasn't able to export PCI bridges (sensibly enough, as Xen handles
all of that).

However, in this case, that shouldn't cause a problem.
--
Ceri Storey <cez%necrofish.org.uk@localhost>
'What I really want is "apt-get smite"'