Re: Corrupt data when reading filesystems under Linux guest

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:32:42PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> I think we can deal with this by sending a partial xfer to the drive, it
> shouldn't break anything. But obviously the completion message has to be
> sent only one the whole request has been handled.

What if the domain 0 kernel crashes, or the system is powered down,
between the partial transfer and the remaining part?  Now neither the
old nor the new data is actually intact on disk.  This could have a
rather negative impact on, for example, filesystem metadata...

Thor