domU single-user mode?

Hi,

this is ridiculous and easy, too.
it has been nagging me for some weeks, and it postponed it until today, when I needed it.

how do I pass flags to the kernel, i.e. to boot into single-user mode for filesystem work?

xm help create contains
 extra=ARGS
    Set extra arguments to append to the kernel command line.
    Default None

but trying to following had no success:

kernel  = "/export/data/xen/dom2/netbsd-XENU"
extra  = "-s"
cpu     = -1
memory  = 64
name    = "dom2-netbsd"
nics    = 1
disk    = [ 'file:/export/data/xen/dom2/root,hda1,w','file:/export/data/xen/dom2/usr1,hda2,w' ]
[...]

do me a favour and help me out here, honenstly I even think this should go into the howto or port-xen site
at some point, because it's one of the rare occasions were xen and i386 differ :>

regards,
florian

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'