Re: sysctl questions

Hi,

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 03:04:19AM +0900, FUKAUMI Naoki wrote:
> Hmm... If I can use vnd(4) as vbd, I'm very happy ;)
>
> # xc_dom_control.py vbd_add 1 phy:vnd0a wd0 rw
> sysctl: fourth level name 'vnd0' in 'machdep.domain0.diskcookie.vnd0' is
> invalid
> (snip)

This won't work because xc_dom_control.py has to create the device
within Xen.  To do so, we need to provide a list of sector ranges and
the cookie of the device which holds these sectors.  I assume your
vnd device is backed by a file inside a filesystem, which makes it
very hard to get the sector ranges.

> xc_vd_tool.py seems to require sqlite...

Yes and it will probably need a few patches.

    christian