Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

I have run VMS on simh a fair amount. Can't remember seeing much of any clock drift there. But I also am not sure if VMS actually tries to give any actual time resolution below 10ms.

  Johnny

On 2023-12-22 23:05, Rhialto wrote:
On Tue 19 Dec 2023 at 17:43:39 +0000, Josh Moyer wrote:
I'd like to mention that -- IIRC -- I saw this on both my
KA630 and the simh emulated KA630, so it could be something specific
to the MicroVAX II and brethren.

Did anybody properly try VMS on simh? If that fails to keep time
corrently, surely it's not the operating system (VMS) at fault, but the
emulator.

I gave it a quick try myself (i.e. not properly) and it seemed like the
VMS clock was running at around half speed. Maybe that is that "50%
effect" that was mentioned earlier? I'm running simh on NetBSD/amd64 9.3
with the default HZ=100, not HZ=1000.

-Olaf.