RE: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

> On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 2:40 PM, Ken Wellsch wrote:
> I copied the running RA0.dsk file from my running SIMH build to an
> HD.img file on a ZuluSCSI card - that booted successfully on a
> 4000/60.  So I will try booting it on a real uVAX-II tomorrow and see
> how the clock behaves.

That's great!  Also worth mentioning is that both the real and emulated KA630's were very likely netbooted with a DEQNA (certainly the real one was, as my "repaired" RD53 is pretty flaky -- not to mention too small to do much with), so the interrupt load is probably higher than on a system with an MSCP or other disk.  13MiB RAM and probably with a custom kernel with "extra stuff" removed to save RAM -- not that it is likely to matter in this case.

I'll try to fire up the uV2K (also 78032 based and netbooted, like the MicroVAX II) and see if the clock drifts there.  In the unlikely event that I'm only imagining drift on simh, I also have several other KA630 cards that I can test with.  I'll try to double check that also, probably this weekend.

Thanks and kind regards,

    _____
   | * * |   Josh Moyer (he/him) <JMoyer%NODOMAIN.NET@localhost>
   |*(*)*|   http://jmoyer.nodomain.net/