Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

> Well, to be honest, 106% on one process is more than an FP rounding
> error. :D

Some, at least, of the values printed by top are not measurements, but
decaying averages of measurements.  For those, sensible sums are not to
be expected.

>> Do you have measurements that show clock drift under load?
> I was assuming he had.

When running 1.4T on my VAX emulator, I've noticed clock drift.  One of
my "I want to do someday" things is to figure out what's going on with
that.  (And that's 1.4T, too, not "these days".)

One of the benefits of emulation is that I can do things like
instrument the ICCS emulation to tell exactly how many ticks are
missed (ie, how many ticks occur before the previous tick's interrupt
is serviced).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign