Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

On 2023-12-13 12:02, Josh Moyer wrote:
On 2023-12-13 11:46, Josh Moyer wrote:
port-vax/56383: KA630 slow clock drift
For those doing compiles or other high load jobs (and
not just on KA630), keep an eye on your clock drift.  Clock
accuracy seems significantly improved in 10.0_RC1 - although it's
still not perfect.  Make sure you aren't wasting cycles and masking
the problem by running ntpd.

Are you saying that we loose interrupts? Basically, we are running
for longer periods with interrupts blocked? That sounds both like a
serious bug, and something that should be fairly easy to detect, no?

I don't know the root cause, but interrupts seem possibly likely.
Would that also lead to the terrible accuracy of top and the cpu
usage statistics?

Basically, if the drift gets worse under load it must be lost interrupts. There can't be any other way/reason.

I don't know what the "terrible accuracy" thing is.

  Johnny