Re: boot issue on NetBSD/vax 8.x and 9.x

Den 2023-01-24 kl. 15:02, skrev Izumi Tsutsui:
I wrote:

So it has never worked on any VAXen with only 8 MB memory.
Just changing the RELOC value to 0x7e0000 makes bootloader work again
on my 8 MB VS3100/m30.
Ah, I was a bit stupid.
0x7e0000 makes bootloader starts, but it fails on loading a kernel,
maybe due to lack of heap memory for FFS blocksize.

With RELOC=0x7d0000 it can load at least 10.99.2 custom kernel:
As you noted I moved the boot loader to just below 8M some years ago, but I probably haven't tested it on a machine with only 8M of memory.
So, go ahead with applying the fix :-)

-- R