Re: POLYx addressing-mode questions

If you have VMS, yes.  I'd even be willing to run it for this purpose,
depending on the costs - is there a no-money version of VMS available
with at least an assembler and linker?  I could turn POLYx into
emulated-instruction traps in my code and then run VMS, and even dust
off those decades-old memories of VMS while I'm at it.  If, that is,
VMS wouldn't pitch a fit at seeing what otherwise looks like a KA630
taking emulated-instruction traps for instructions that are, according
to the VARM I have, implemented by the KA630.

The hobbyist program is over (that by itself should've been a sign that 2020 was going to be bad), but some of us signed up right before they closed and have valid licenses through the end of 2021.

Which models of VAX have POLY instructions?

Assuming the list in appendix B of the VARM I have is (a) accurate and
(b) comprehensive, every VAX includes POLY support for every
floating-point type it supports.  I suspect it is accurate; I don't
know how comprehensive it is.  Here's what it says:

I always learn stuff from port-vax@ :)

Perhaps I was thinking that the POLY instructions were some of the ones that only certain CPUs have and were covered by NO_INSN_EMULATE, but if all VAX CPUs with floating point support POLY, then I'm happy to run any tests you like on my VLC.

John