Re: POLYx addressing-mode questions

(page 3-137), but it seems plausible to me that the tbladdr operands
should actually be .af, .ad, .ag, and .ah.  Could someone who knows -
or who can test with real hardware - clarify whether this is a mistake
in the VARM or whether they really are .ab?

I don't have hardware, but here is one data point: SIMH, in code written by Bob Supnik who knows what he's doing, makes it clear that the tbladdr is indeed an ab argument.

This, plus if you run VMS on SIMH emulating a model that doesn't have POLY instructions, won't VMS emulate them properly, and therefore a test can tell you?

Which models of VAX have POLY instructions?

John