Re: gcc issues.

On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 10:26:53AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> > On Dec 7, 2019, at 2:28 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On 2019-12-07 03:01, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >> Have you tried with -O0?
> >
> > I hadn't, but I tried now, and that actually pass. So it's a problem at optimization. That's good to know...
> >
> >  Johnny
>
> Yeah, so far we had to turn optimization off on a lot of files in the tree. But we've haven't had a case
> where we could not compile something at all.

ISTR seeing stuff from current pkgsrc on NetBSD 8.1/VAX (running on a
MicroVAX 3900/SIMH) where gcc died with internal errors even with
optimizations disabled (-O0), this was IIRC perl and python, among other
things. I also found a few ports that don't play well with mk.conf when
it comes to gcc flags, e.g. gcc being invoked with "gcc -O2 -O0 ...".

I can spinup my NetBSD 8.1 simulated VAX do a rebuild of the ports in
question for logs if there is interest.

Kind regards,
           Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison