Re: VAXen, MOPD, and high speed ethernet

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
> Most of the time, the network speed should not be an issue.

I tend to agree with what you all have said and Johnny's general explanation.

What I have experienced is problems with initiation of the MOP
protocol. When the vax requests a server, the server responds, the vax
never sees the response. Some of this was with an VS4000/60 and also
with a DELQA. The DELQA was in a vax and in a PDP-11/73.

I was using a twisted pair AUI and a 100baseTX switch. It is difficult
to see what is actually getting through the switch when it is cheap
and unmanaged. I used wireshark to monitor the network at the server.

Just passing on experiences to help the group.

-chuck