Re: VAXen, MOPD, and high speed ethernet

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Charles Dickman wrote:

I have not had much luck when using a 100baseT server for mopd. The
VAXen are just too slow and miss the response.

Amusingly, I installed ULTRIX to a DECstation over the network hanging off gigabit switches last weekend without issue.

I've also done the same with a VAX...I once added fibre to the mix...

The best luck I have had is using a 10baseT ethernet adapter in the
server and a strictly 10MB link for the VAX.

-chuck

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff