Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> My VS4000/60 does not have the problems you mention (i. e. 6.x and 7.0
> run fine). I run it "disk- and headless", too, but there is a
> framebuffer installed which I do not use ATM.

Harumph. Now I tried booting 7.0.1 again and it seems to be working.
At least it's booting the kernel now. I'll see what happens when I get
to try multi-user.

I'm not exactly sure what was wrong last night.

> Did/Could you run more intensive self-tests of the machine?
> http://decdoc.itsx.net/dec94mds/v466hpsa.pdf might be helpful for that.

I did run the basic self tests and everything checked out except the
clock chip (and the framebuffer obviously). I think that's ok as long
as I'm booting from the net since that's the default boot device. The
NetBSD clock is certainly advancing normally once it's started up. It
does mean there's a lot of timestamps in NFS from the future which I
was wondering if it could cause problems but I can't think of anything
a shell would do that would wait based on such a timestamp.

--
greg