Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Anders Magnusson <ragge%ludd.ltu.se@localhost> wrote:
> The netbsd-included mopd can load an ELF boot directly, but I do not think
> it can do that from the distribution you have there...?

So this is a major hassle. The mop server in NetBSD only runs on
NetBSD and NetBSD's install media only include a boot loader formatted
for NetBSD's mopd that won't work with the mopd for any other
platform. So unless I find a spare machine to install NetBSD (on from
other media) I can't install NetBSD using the install media provided
online.

Following instructions from someone else who ran into the same problem
I found a boot.mop from an old version of NetBSD (1.5 I think) but it
says "Inappropriate file type or format" when it comes to loading the
netbsd.vax install kernel which I believe is because it's ELF and the
bootloader from that era only understands a.out?

Would it work if someone could convert the modern bootloader to a mop
image using mopa.out for me?

--
greg