Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On 2016-05-31 12:12 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
Hi,

I have obtained a real physical Vaxstation and I'm trying to follow
the instructions from
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/netboot/mop.html

I've copied the boot loader from
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-7.0.1/vax/installation/netboot/boot

mopd seems to respond to download requests and doesn't show any errors
but just repeatedly gets download requests and serves up the same file
repeatedly:
I'm not sure if I've missed a step. Or maybe there's a better boot
loader around I could try?

Don't know if it's a related problem, but I had to patch mopd to get it to work on my MicroVAX II (the master repo wasn't available at the time):
https://github.com/qu1j0t3/mopd

Here's a howto I wrote up:
https://github.com/qu1j0t3/mopd/blob/master/HOWTO-MicroVAX-II.md

--Toby