Re: Some more patches for GCC on NetBSD/VAX coming soon...

> On Mar 31, 2016, at 22:34, Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I'm tempted to try your cyclecount test on my VAX fleet with its
> different CPU variants (CVAX, SOC [CVAX], NVAX, Rigel, Mariah), if you
> are interested? As this will take some time to bring up all machines,
> I would like to wait for a final version with all test cases...
> I guess netbooting and running cyclecount over NFS won't make a difference?
>
> Felix

I agree, please wait until I have something that tests all of the instructions before you turn on all your machines. It should take maybe 2 or 3 more days for me to write them, now that I have a basic idea of what needs to be tested. I really appreciate the interest.

NFS shouldn't matter at all, although it's a good idea to disable any system services you may be running if possible that might wake up during the test and affect the results (cron, ntpd, postfix). I'm not planning to test memory bandwidth so RAM shouldn't be an issue. If you have 8 MB free physical memory after booting, or even as little as 1 MB free, it should be fine.

Jake