Re: Native gcc on netbsd-7

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 10:08:22AM -0800, Björn Johannesson wrote:
> I know Mattias saw the same(?) crash on his /90A. (Also netbsd-7)
> This is with netbsd-7 snapshots from nyftp.
> This did not happen with the old userland that was on it when Mattias sent it to me (5.x).
> I don't even know where to begin debugging this.
> Hopefully someone with a vax faster than my vlc could take a look.

I see this a lot, gcc is miscompiled (I think it happens in dse.c) and a
bitfield operation with index out of bounds happens, which causes the SIGILL.

This is one of the reasons default optimization flags are -O1 currently, when
building gcc with -O2 it dies a lot more due to this issue.

I can reliably trigger it by trying to build tcsh from pkgsrc.

Martin